Join us to hear from experts in this field about the burden of domestic violence and what we can do as health professionals.
Download a flyer here.
We are honoured to have as guest speakers:
- Dr Deepthi Iyer – GP, recently completed a PhD on young Australian women’s perceptions of dating violence,
- Dr Anthea Woodcock – sexual assault expert,
- Dr Jacqui Marks – Emergency Physician working at RBWH,
- Hon Di Farmer – Minister for Child Safety, Youth and Women, and Minister for the Prevention of Domestic and Family Violence.
After hearing from our guest speakers, we will welcome our panellists for an interactive Q and A session. Our panellists are:
- Dr Marjorie Cross OAM – rural GP, GP teacher and clinical supervisor,
- Dr Deborah Bateson – Medical Director, Family Planning NSW.
You can read more about our speakers here.Please submit questions in advance of the meeting to our Secretary, available at [email protected]. We will be able to take a limited number of questions on the night.
Date: August 13
Time: 6.55pm for 7pm start, until 9pm. Zoom waiting room will open at 6.45pm.
Cost: $5 for members and $10 for non-members.
Please check or renew your membership here.
Zoom login details will be provided after registration.
We thank Barry Nillson Lawyers and Tigo for their sponsorship of this event.
Marissa Daniels is a paediatric intensive care medicine trainee, yAFMW co-Chair and past Treasurer for AFMW.